Thursday 24 October 2013

DIY Birthday Gift Idea



It was my dear mumsy’s birthday. I like to appreciate people on their birthdays. Especially the woman who birthed me into the world and has moved worlds to care for me ever since. Supporting me even now that I’m an ‘adult’ and am supposed to be supporting myself (life is taking a funny course atm. Long story.)  Anywhos, it was mom’s B-day and I needed to get a prezzy. Only problem is, because of the whole ‘life taking a funny course’ thing, my budget is miniscule of late. But there is always a lily in a valley and light at the end of a tunnel and a silver lining in the cloud and all this jazz. The upside of being broke as a joke is that it has forced me to really draw from my creative side!
So I did this. I went to the pound shop (I’m not ashamed!) and bought a couple bags of very nice sweeties such as lemon sherbets. (I know mother has a sweet tooth). I also brought a pretty pearlescent mug there. I filled the mug with sweeties, wrapped it in the plastic sheet covering that came with the birthday card I bought, and tied it together with some nice ribbon I already had at home.
I was very happy with the result. Mum was too. The gift is pretty and practical (you can never have enough cups, right?) and looks as though it’s worth so much more than the few pounds I spent on it. Results below:





No comments:

Post a Comment