Tuesday 18 September 2012

Books I need to read

(I don’t read novels -only factual books; books on teaching, essays and biographies . I love beautifully written prose, but only really when it's teaching something about reality. That being said, some of my fave books are the fictional -Christian themed children's series  Anne of Greengables by L.M. Montgomery. ) There are always exceptions within one’s scope of discernment


Malcolm Gladwell, What the Dog saw: And other Adventures
-Because I love this author and I’ve read all of his other  books thus far. They are interesting and reveal so much of the quirks of human nature and explain the weirdness of our world and social workings.


Jung Chan, Wild Swans
-Because I love reading people's life stories- especially when it shows the history of different family generations. And I love learning about Chinese culture.


Ken Robinson, The Element: How finding Your Passion Changes Everything
-Because he is a renowned educationalist and I’ve been impressed by some of his other commentaries. And because I want to know how to find and use my own ‘passion’


Brendan Burchard, Activating the 10 Human Drives that Make You Feel Alive
-Yeah, I’m into my motivation-based books. And this one’s Apostolic. Bonus


Devora  Zack, Networking for People Who Hate Networking
Apparently a really good book for introverts such as myself to embrace and make good use of this character trait. Also good for extroverts to read and understand more about their introvert loved ones.



Robyn O’brien, The Unhealthy Truth
Another recommended read about understanding the widespread occurrence of allergies and illnesses such as ADHD these days, and how to improve lifestyle and health.



No comments:

Post a Comment