Sunday 9 September 2012

Christian tees


Tbh I’m not really a big T-shirt wearer. And even less so when it comes to Christian tees. I find quite a lot of them cheesey. Some of them also have the name or a depiction of Christ on it; and as a very personal thing I wouldn’t like wearing a top with the actual name ‘Jesus’ on it, as it’d make me feel I’m using his name as a fashion or novelty item, and using it vainly. I understand why others who love God wear things like that, as I said, it's just my personal taste to avoid it.
(Remember a couple years back when that whole 'Jesus is my Homeboy' craze was going on? It became a novelty/fashion item emblazoned on tees, hats, mugs etc and sported by Christians and non-christians alike in a tongue-in-cheek way. It still makes me cringe to think of it =s )
Anyways, I did come across this T-shirt which kinda sorta made me half smile. I’m not averse to a bit of playing on iconic images to show a tongue-in-cheek Christian take-on-things. It’s still slightly cheese-laden,  but in a good way
The Tee is from www.songear.com and there are others, some are just as humorous, some are as corny as I’d fear. But that’s my mere opinion. Plus, I know Americans have a completely different take on corny-ness than us Brits :D

#style to make you smile

No comments:

Post a Comment