Friday 14 September 2012

Reach for me. Poem

I watched you today. In my house.
You sat forlorn and broken.
Far from the sounds of the joy around
And all the words being spoken.
You arms were crossed
Your heart was covered
With them like a veil of flesh
I earnestly wanted to whisper to you
Hold you
Love away all your mess

But you were closed off from all I had for you
Tuned out like a broken resistor
I even sent a word just for you
But you were so lost in your pity, you missed them.

And as you mourned for yourself
And your life’s plans
How ‘nothing’ is going your way
I was waiting for you to speak to me
So I could comfort you in some way

But you sat in my house, and refused to reach out
For my hand as it brushed by
Not feeling my warmth, just nothing at all
And you seemed to be wondering why

Relationship is a two-way treasure
And I’ve done all I can do
I’ve loved you with a love that kills me, seeing you so far.
The rest is up to you.

#“Reach out to me”





No comments:

Post a Comment