Monday 17 September 2012

You’re Loved Regardless. Poem

When you’ve felt rejected
By this world which can seem so cruel and heartless
Remember, in my heart you’re always accepted
I will love you regardless.

When you slip, and fall, and turn around
And fear the faces of those who saw your disgrace
You’ll see my arms coming to hold you as you’re on the ground
And lift you back to your rightful place.

‘Sticks and stones will break your bones…’
Though don’t tell me words are always harmless.
And when they try
To hurt you with words like knives, and lies,
Keep your head high
-You’re loved regardless.

When you’re overwhelmed by this world’s pressures
And it’s ever changing exactions of ‘perfection’
Even though you are exquisitely precious
You might forget your value.
You need someone to remind you how wholly you’re loved…
I’ll be the one to tell you.

...................................................................................
The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee. Jeremiah 31:3

No comments:

Post a Comment