Thursday 13 September 2012

Freaky food and tubby tums


I was reading a comment on an Apostolic blog the other day. The guy was saying there is a hypocrisy that goes on because there are some subjects the archetypal  Apostolic preacher just won’t touch. –Namely the over -eating/obesity #gluttony issue -because it would upset too many church folk. #Dun dun dun #sinister villain music
The guy said he’d love to see a skinny Apostolic preacher come on up and preach about the sin of gluttony, instead of leaving it an ‘acceptable’ sin.
#Don'tsayit cos itstrue
Well Mr Anon, you have your wish. Sort of. I was listening to a sermon of the brilliant Pastor Joel Urshan t’other day and in his brilliant teaching/preaching-ness, he touched on the touchy subject of food. He pointed out that 1 Timothy 4:4 says For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving. But –a lot of the stuff we eat today isn’t created by God at all is it?.. It’s created by man (reconstituted meat burgers, anyone?).
And we all know God makes things for our welfare, but man makes things for profit. (Ahem, hugh, er- Macky D’s??) Infact he mentioned the documentary ‘Super Size Me’ where Morgan Spurlock eats nothing but the ‘food’ from our favourite burger chain –and it proved practically suicidal.
I had to admit, I was convicted. Although my problem isn’t overeating as such, I know there are too many times where I’ve indulged in something I know is going to have an adverse effect on me physically. #dog going back to it's vom
As Mr Urshan pointed out, when you eat simply what is made by God, there’s a lot of junk you’d have to cut out. And when you do this you feel a lot healthier, energetic etc.
For those brethren who do overeat, (which always also includes the ‘eating bad stuff’ element) it’s something that needs to be addressed from a soul and healing point of view. It’s a patronising cliché, but nevertheless stands true that overeaters use food to try and fill some emotional void. We are supposed to turn to God to comfort us in all things #2 Corinth 1:3, as it only becomes dangerous when we seek physical solutions for spirit/ soul problems. #Galatians 6:8
Here is an example of a book I’ve come across which addresses this. The lady on the blog I found it on writes that it has been a big help to understanding her problems with eating, from a spiritual point of view. If you think something like this could help you –buy it.









Be blessed, Beloved x

Personally, I have an excellent pastor who is known for touching on the touchy subjects such as these and all manner besides. So I thank God for him. I also hope I haven’t offended anyone, as I know the fatness things is kind of much more of a big deal in the U.S. (I’m English). But then again, maybe you need to be slightly offended, if it’s going to make you change bad habits and bless you with your health. –This is me loving you.


No comments:

Post a Comment